ABOUT DR. CAROL PIATT
Here's Dr. Piatt administering ice cream therapy.
Dr. Carol Piatt treats skin diseases and diseases of the hair and nails.
Now in her 22nd year of solo practice, Dr. Piatt focuses on acne treatment, facial diseases, and issues related to skin disease care. She specializes in treating skin cancer as well as acne treatment, facial diseases and facial skin care, rosacea, eczema, rashes, hair and nail disorders, warts and genital warts, moles, keratoses, sweating problems, and cosmetic dermatology procedures. Patients of all ages are seen in the office, from new borns to seniors.
Dr. Piatt is board certified in Dermatology and board certified in Family Practice, however, she limits her practice to Dermatology. She also completed a Dermatologist fellowship in skin cancer prevention, detection and treatment after her three year residency in dermatology.
Click here to ask a question via email.
- Dr. Piatt is a native of Springfield, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. Ask her to say "water".
- Graduated from Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA. 1981. MD degree.
- Graduated from Medical College of Virginia, Family Practice Residency Program. Boarded - 1984
- Graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo. Dermatology Residency Program. Boarded - 1988. Chief Resident.
- Fellowship in Dermatological Oncology and Surgery. Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, NY, 1989
- Private Practice in Dermatology - 1989 to present, Fairfax, VA. On staff at Fairfax Hospital.
- American Academy of Dermatology, Continuing Medical Education Award Recipient, 1989 to present.
- Member of the Medical Society of Northern Virginia - 1989 to present.
- Member of the Medical Society of Virginia - 2003 to present.
- Member of the Women's Medical Society of Northern Virginia - 1989 to present.
- Member of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) - 1989 to present.